This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to: People’s Plan, c/o Rt Hon Liam Byrne MP, House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to enable certain functionality on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
The following data is collected from all visitors:
- Website usage data
Signed in visitors using an OAuth provider
The following data is collected from visitors using an OAuth provider (i.e. social login such as Facebook or Twitter):
- Email address
- User avatar
- Provider ID (this is the ID number of your account on the respective service)
When using an OAuth provider for the first time you will be asked to confirm that you wish to share your information with us. We strongly encourage you to read this information clearly.
Signed in visitors with user created accounts
The following data is collected from visitors creating an account on the site:
- Email address
If you opt-in to using Gravatar when creating an account on our site we will attempt to retrieve an avatar (user image) for your account from the Gravatar service. Gravatar allows internet users to associate a profile image with their email address and use it across multiple sites. In order to retrieve an image with Gravatar we will share a hash (encrypted value) based on your email address in order to identify you. This will not share your email address publicly. If you do not want your data being shared in this way then please do not enable Gravatar.
All signed in users
The following data is stored for all signed in users:
- Record of user-generated content (e.g. comments and ideas)
- Login count
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
The personal data we collect from you as a signed-in user allows you to make attributed contributions to the site, while the website usage data we collect anonymously allows us to measure the website’s performance.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To identify you by name and avatar in discussions
- To improve the service we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you emails specifically relating to the People’s Plan
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site, and to keep you signed in to the site between visits if you choose to enable this option.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
If you wish to view, edit or delete the information we hold about you, you can:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: People’s Plan, c/o Rt Hon Liam Byrne MP, House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA.
If you wish to change how we contact you, you can:
- Sign in to our website and change your communication settings
We will never lease or sell your personal information to third parties, and we will never distribute your personal information unless the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the peoplesplan.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.